Date of Event
Victorian Premier Cricket:
Mon Jul 2, 2018 1:44PM
Prahran Cricket Club
- Orrong Road, Armadale Location
- Premier Cricket/Sporting Club
- Part Time Opportunity
This role is the glue that ensures communication between our stakeholders, members, supporters, players and committee are strong and timely. They oganise a team of paid employees and volunteers to make sure games are played in terms of the rules of the competition and the players, members and supporters have the support they need on a weekly basis. It is a 12-month a year role with strong similarities to the role of a Secretary of a sporting club.
You will be ideally someone who comes with an understanding of the game of cricket and may have even played or administered the game previously. However, prior experience is not a critical element. It could be an ideal role for someone:
- studying sports administration and this role will be the practical to the theory and provide a glimpse into all aspects of running a Premier sporting club or;
- wanting a part time job as part of other work and family commitments
- recently retired and wanting to keep busy supporting the community
- manage MyCricket software as per Cricket Victoria rules and by-laws including player transfers, clearances, playing lists, weekly team inputs.
- communicate with players regarding payment of player subs.
- manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence (email, mail from Post Office etc.)
- ensure all new players receive a new player information pack
- communication as required with co-tenants
- liaison with Sport Recreation Officer at City of Stonnington
- provide administration support as required for Committee members
- provide administration support to Player Development Programs
- renew all club permits and licenses
- apply for and manage grants/special event licenses as required
- ensure accreditations of community programs are maintained
- update insurance as required
- organise, attend and provide minutes for monthly Committee meetings
- co-ordinate and produce report for the AGM
- Administration Assistant
- PC Literacy – This is very important as much of the role is about using software to communicate with all parties that are involved in a community club.
- People Skills – There is a lot of meeting and talking with people, so we would love someone who enjoys meeting others and sharing information about the club
- Availability – Much of the role is completed on a Monday to Friday part time, but there will be times when a visit on the weekend is required.
- Professionalism - Conveying an image that is consistent with the club’s values; demonstrating the qualities, traits, and demeanour (including intelligence, competence, or special talents) that such an administration role requires.
About the Prahran Cricket Club
Founded in 1879, we are one of Melbourne’s oldest cricket clubs. Based at Toorak Park, 580 Orrong Road in Armadale, we have a long and proud history in the local community and work closely with the team at the City of Stonnington. We field four Men’s teams and 3 Women’s Teams that participate in Victoria’s Premier Cricket Competition. Invariably the men play on a Saturday and the Women on Sunday, but this varies from time to time. Our second ground is located at Righetti Oval in Kooyong.
Toorak Park is about to undertake a significant redevelopment over the next few years and it will be an exciting time to see the facilities transformed to an elite level.
Applications should be made by clicking on the attached link and following the directions or for enquiries or direct applications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only applicants with the rights to live and work within Australia should apply.
Prahran Cricket Club is an equal opportunity employer.