The Camberwell Magpies CC are seeking a suitable candidate for the role of Head of Junior Development to join our Club and coaching staff from July 2018.
You will be required to lead, coordinate and develop the Junior Cricket Program at CMCC, through the identification and managing of junior talent from across metropolitan and country areas.
Required from July 2018.JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be responsible for the Junior Development Squad at Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club.
In conjunction with the Head Coach and the Committee you will develop and implement a Junior Development Squad that identifies key talent ages 14 -18.
You will be responsible to coordinate a winter and summer program, with part of the summer program including matches.
The program will develop technical skill and game development, while building the future talent for the Club.
The Head of Junior Development will report to the Committee and Head Coach of the club.
The Committee member/s will in turn report directly to the Club President.
The candidate will be expected to:-
- Develop and implement a Junior Development program for CMCC according to the strategy outlined and signed off by the CMCC Committee. This is to include program structure (winter and summer), coaching requirements, duration, and talent identification.
- Assist the junior coaches in developing a training plan for each level and provide advice to the junior coaches during the season. Attendance at junior training (U10-U16) not required.
- Manage key administration requirements including Invite letters, coordination of coaching venues, communication, while being the key point of contact for CMCC Junior Development Program.
- Responsible for coordination and communication to prospective Junior Talent (parents), and club coaches.
- Coordination of each training day in conjunction with the club coaches to ensure each session is developing key skill levels, while developing thinking and behaviours required to play Senior Premier Cricket.
- Responsible for identifying, with club coaches, which players could be elevated into the senior playing list.
- Attend all training sessions.
- Attend relevant matches that the Junior Development Squad is involved in.
- Abide by and actively enforce CMCC values and policies.
- Complete player evaluations post program in consultation with the CMCC coaching staff.
- Ensure player safety and have an understanding of injury prevention, care and management.
- The possibility if candidate suitably qualified and interested ,in being a non playing assistant coach for the Senior Premier Cricket 3rd and 4th Elevens, with the goal of providing a connection between the junior and senior squads.
The Head of Junior Development will ideally hold Representative (Level 2) cricket coaching accreditation (or overseas equivalent) or as a minimum, Community Coach (Level 1).
- All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check.
- A First Aid qualification is desirable.
- Work co-operatively with CMCC Committee and coaches to develop, lead and implement the Junior Development Program.
- A demonstrated history of coordination, communication and coaching Junior and/or senior cricket of individuals and or teams of the standard required for senior teams and squads.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of current cricket coaching techniques.
- Strong organizational structure and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Key Relationships/ Interactions
Internal and external:-
- CMCC Committee and Junior Development Squad working group.
- CMCC Cricket coaches and support structure of senior players.
- Players, parents, guardians and supporters.
- Regional and Community Clubs.
- Cricket Victoria Pathway structure.
- Private school liaison.
Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience for this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please send expression of interest and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org