Victorian Premier Cricket club, Prahran CC (PCC), is seeking an experienced Head of Junior Development to join our Club and coaching staff from June 2018 on a permanent basis.
You will be required to lead, coordinate and develop the Junior Cricket Program at PCC, through the identification and procurement of junior talent from across metropolitan and country areas.
Required from June 2018.
You will be responsible for the Junior Development Program at Prahran CC.
In conjunction with the Head Male Coach and the Committee you will develop and implement a male Junior Development Program that identifies key talent ages 14 -18.
You will be responsible to coordinate a winter and summer program, with part of the summer program including matches against local and international opposition.
The program will develop technical skill and game development, while building the future pipeline of talent for the Club.
The Head of Junior Development will report to the Committee member responsible for Junior Development and/or Cricket Director.
The Committee member/s will in turn report directly to the Club President.
The candidate will be expected to:-
- Develop and implement a Junior Development program for PCC according to the strategy outlined and signed off by the PCC Committee. This is to include program structure (winter and summer), coaching requirements, duration, talent identification, role of country talent id, bridging methodology into PCC Senior teams.
- Set up a structure of talent identification across metropolitan and country regions.
- Manage key administration requirements including Invite letters, coordination of coaching venues, communication, while being the key point of contact for PCC Junior Development Program.
- Responsible for coordination and communication to prospective Junior Talent (parents), and club coaches.
- Coordination of each training day in conjunction with the club coaches to ensure each session is developing key skill levels, while developing thinking and behaviours required to play Senior Premier cricket.
- Responsible for identifying, with club coaches, which players could be elevated into the Senior playing group.
- Attend all training sessions.
- Attend relevant matches that the Junior Development Program squad is involved in.
- Abide by and actively enforce PCC values and policies.
- Complete player evaluations post program in consultation with the PCC coaching staff.
- Ensure player safety and have an understanding of injury prevention, care and management.
- Attend the season review organized by the PCC committee and coaching staff.
The Head of Junior Development should hold Representative (Level 2) cricket coaching accreditation (or overseas equivalent) - as a minimum, Community Coach (Level 1).
- All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Working With Children Check.
- A First Aid qualification is desirable.
- Work co-operatively with PCC Committee and coaches to develop, lead and implement the JDP.
- A demonstrated history of coordination, communication and coaching of individuals and or teams of the standard required for senior teams and squads.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of current cricket coaching techniques.
- Strong organizational structure and relationship management skills
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A current driver’s licence.
Key Relationships/ Interactions
Internal and external:-
- PCC Committee and Junior Development Program working group
- PCC Cricket coaches and support structure of senior players.
- Players, parents, guardians and supporters
- Regional and Community Clubs
- Cricket Victoria Pathway structure
Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience for this permanent position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please send your resume electronically to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org